Tag Archives: Volunteer

6 Tips to Incorporate Volunteerism In Your Workplace

IMG_0725 copy

Health and wellness in the workplace is top of mind for us at WellnessFX – after all, the workplace is where you spend 36% of your day, it makes sense to optimize there so that you can also live the other 64% to the fullest.

We’ve discussed creating a culture of health, and how to create a more active workspace, and today we visit volunteerism as a contributor of good health in – and outside of – the workplace. Continue reading

The posts on this blog are for information only, and are not intended to substitute for a doctor-patient or other healthcare professional-patient relationship nor do they constitute medical or healthcare advice of any kind. Any information in these posts should not be acted upon without consideration of primary source material and professional input from one's own healthcare professionals.

Good Food for a Great Cause: WellnessFX at the Ronald McDonald House of San Francisco

(L-R) Christine, Courtney, Angela, Jeremy, Madeleine, Jing

(L-R) Christine, Courtney, Angela, Jeremy, Madeleine, Jing

When it comes to the holistic approach to health and wellness, there are many pieces in play: physical, emotional, and mental. When it comes to having healthier employees, a recent Harris poll reported the strong link between volunteering and better physical, mental and emotional health:

  • 76% of respondents said that they have felt physically healthier as a result of volunteering.
  • 94% of respondents reported that volunteering has improved their mood.
  • 78% of respondents report that volunteering lowers their levels of stress.

Continue reading

The posts on this blog are for information only, and are not intended to substitute for a doctor-patient or other healthcare professional-patient relationship nor do they constitute medical or healthcare advice of any kind. Any information in these posts should not be acted upon without consideration of primary source material and professional input from one's own healthcare professionals.