Now we’ve shared our kitchen with you, we’re done right? Hardly. The next question Johanna usually receives is “where do you get everything from?” We believe in feeding ourselves highly nutritious, fresh, organic products. Luckily, we’re based in California and have a few fantastic resources. In no particular order:
Planetorganics.com: Planet Organics is a San Francisco owned and family operated home delivery service offering top quality organic and local produce, artisan foods, groceries, household items, and organic prepared meals to food lovers throughout Northern California. With an easy to use online ordering system, it saves someone as busy as Johanna (or any professional, new mother or serious athlete) valuable time. Plus, they support our community.
Sunfoods.com: Sunfood is a provider of high-quality superfoods such as acai, goji berries, agave nectar, etc. They distribute over 700 different products. We order a lot of our extra nutritious nuts, supplements and tea from them. And they ship within the US and Canada – no excuses for not ordering healthy.
Sunorganicfarm.com: Another California-based provider of fresh organic produce and products. We’re a fan of their speedy delivery and wide offering. And they deliver just about anywhere.
Now what? Well, here at WellnessFX, Johanna has guided us on the best way to assemble a meal. Here’s what she advises for putting these things together:
- Cooked proteins (organic, hormone free, all natural, nitrate free lean meats, fish, eggs, sea vegetables)
- Raw proteins (raw cheese-sheep, goat, cow; raw nuts and seeds, micro greens, sprouts, sprouted legumes, raw seaweeds, young coconut meat, unsweetened dried coconut)
- Raw vegetables (salad greens, sprouts, micro greens, carrots, cucumber, radishes…)
- Cooked vegetables (roasted tomatoes-bruchetta topping, roasted veggies, steamed veggies…)
- Sprouted wheat bread, sprouted corn tortillas, nori sheets (to make wraps/rolls), raw sprouted crackers
- Fermented foods: sauerkraut, raw miso paste
- Healthy fats (olive oil, coconut butter, hemp oil, flax oil)
- Coconut water
- Filtered water
- Organic teas
What are you must looking forward to ordering from one of the above providers? Or serving at your next company meal?