What do the following statements have in common?
“20 Superfoods you need to be eating.”
“30-days to stellar abs.”
“Eat these foods and never diet again.”
“Lose your belly with just two exercise moves.”
“The simple thing you can do to lose weight in the morning”
Other than coming from popular fitness magazines, there’s one commonality that is most often overlooked: These hint at a one-time engagement equating a final and complete result that needs no follow-up.
With so many fitness magazines touting advice that smells of not-so-thinly-veiled absolutes, its easy to lose sight of the fact that health is an ongoing journey that requires maintenance and constant assessment.
While having the data is a large piece of the puzzle when it comes to your biomarkers, what you do after receiving the data is crucial, in order to see meaningful change. One of those actions? Retesting.
8 Reasons Why You Need to Retest Your Blood
- Your blood cells regenerate every 120 days: Where you were 120 days ago may not necessarily be where you are today, for better or worse. Whether the information is needed for yourself, doctor or a nutritionist, we recommend a re-assessment every 120 days, in order to have an accurate picture of where your total health is.
- Stay in the know: Once you have that accurate picture of where your health is, you’ve empowered yourself with knowledge, a powerful medicine. Informed decisions start with being informed, but you can only change what you can see. A blood test helps you visualize your biological health so you can make the tweaks needed to achieve total health.
- See trends over time: If you’re tracking on your WellnessFX dashboard, you can see your progress over time, from blood draw to blood draw, giving you the insight you need to make big changes in the right direction.
- Correlate your efforts: Make strong correlations between what you’re doing to stay healthy, the effort you’re putting into your nutrition and fitness, and how it’s affecting your biomarker numbers. Did you decide to cut sugar from your diet and want to know if it has impacted your body’s inflammation? Knowing the data will give you an opportunity to understand cause and effect, because monitoring makes it easy to see the differences that diet, supplement, and lifestyle changes can make on your health.
- Be proactive, not reactive: Don’t wait until you feel sick to take charge of your health. Retesting readies you to take your health into your own hands to maximize longevity before your doctor identifies red flags. WellnessFX exists because we think the healthcare experience can be so much better. Instead of focusing on the all-too-common “sick care,” what about seeking and optimizing health before illness hits? You can proactively check your heart, liver, kidney health and more. WellnessFX also offers a unique model where you have unrestricted access to your data – that means you can share it with whomever you like – your doctor, your nutritionist, or your trainer.
- Focus on areas of improvement: Hormones, blood sugar, and metabolic health all play a role in energy levels, sleep quality and quantity, and weight loss goals. By retesting, you’ll be able to see what may be holding you back from feeling your best, and then zero in on improving the individual biomarkers that need attention.
- Help manage chronic diseases: Retesting regularly is easy when you don’t need multiple doctor appointments. Keep tabs on your biomarkers and schedule one-on-one consultations with a WellnessFX physician to ask any pressing questions and even receive customized action plans. If you’ve already been diagnosed with a chronic illness or are undergoing treatment, WellnessFX can also help you manage your biomarkers.
- Save money: While some tests can be obtained from your doctor free of charge (varies widely with insurance coverage), WellnessFX offers advanced diagnostic tests, like performance hormones, advanced thyroid, and women’s health biomarkers that you may have a hard time ordering through your doctor.Because of our bulk discount, these advanced tests are generally also less expensive than ordering through your doctor – even if you have insurance. Additional good news? Your HSA/FSA can fund your WellnessFX purchases.
Interested in retesting or doing an initial test to see where you’re at to get started?
The posts on this blog are for information only, and are not intended to substitute for a doctor-patient or other healthcare professional-patient relationship nor do they constitute medical or healthcare advice of any kind. Any information in these posts should not be acted upon without consideration of primary source material and professional input from one's own healthcare professionals.