Eat. Sleep. Work. Essential aspects of life we’re all familiar with. Having any one of these off track can mean big problems. Yet it can be difficult to get everything right, especially when so much of what might be wrong is going on inside of us.
Bio-hacking expert Dave Asprey has been using his own body as a walking laboratory for years to find out how to best optimize his health and performance. In our webinar last month he teamed up with WellnessFX CEO Jim Kean to offer tips and techniques that anyone can use to obtain laser focus, better sleep quality, and less body fat.
In this 60-minute webinar, learn more about:
- Vitamin D: One of the easiest ways to boost immunity and get more energy is to get more vitamin D. It’s recommended that most people take 1,000 IUs per 25 pounds of body weight in the morning, with fat. Track vitamin D levels in your blood with before and after tests; one before you start your regimen, then one three to four months later. On top of supplementation, it’s important to go out and get some old fashioned sun. Dave says, “About 20-minutes a day will actually reduce your risk of cancer, not increase it.”
- Coffee: Dave swears that his coffee ritual increases energy and productivity – for hours. Every morning, he concocts a mix of high-quality coffee, MCT oil, and Kerrygold unsalted butter for a rich, frothy drink that results in zero cravings and total mental focus. “Studies show that the quality of the bean does matter. Drinking coffee made from low toxin beans has a substantial impact on your executive function. It’s also a complex source of antioxidants – even more than red wine.”
- Sleep: In Dave’s series on sleep hacking, one of the easiest things he highlights is making your room darker. “Become a darkness fanatic. You should be able to hold your hand in front of your face and not see it.”
- Bulletproof Intermitted Fasting: For those interested in losing fat, building muscle, and staying focused throughout, Dave recommends intermitted fasting, with a twist. “Plain intermittent fasting has become popular in bio-hacker circles because it shows tremendous promise for fat loss, preventing cancer, building muscle, and increasing resilience.” The problem is not everyone does well with fasting. Bulletproof Intermittent Fasting is a bio-hack that makes fasting accessible to more people. Probably because it involves coffee and butter.
- Nix these foods: Foods like gluten, soy, corn, and processed oils can be detrimental to your digestive and heart health. If they’re genetically modified, even worse! Dave explains what happens to vegetable oil when it’s processed and what the protein in gluten is doing to your body.
- Track your biomarkers: Dave’s top biomarkers to track are inflammatory markers, like C-Reactive protein, hormone levels, which are different for men and women, and cortisol levels, which can reveal hidden infections and biological stressors in the body.
The posts on this blog are for information only, and are not intended to substitute for a doctor-patient or other healthcare professional-patient relationship nor do they constitute medical or healthcare advice of any kind. Any information in these posts should not be acted upon without consideration of primary source material and professional input from one's own healthcare professionals.