With the cold and flu season upon us, our resident nutritionist and office manager, Johanna Thorn, has offered up her advice on how to naturally cure the afflictions many of us will suffer (or are suffering) from. As she has had many of the office members on ginger & honey concoctions or zinc lozenges, we can all attest to her vast knowledge and her solutions efficacy.
Note Johanna prizes both New Chapter and Fungi Perfecti brands for their quality, purity, and integrity as they use whole foods, organic, sustainable practices with no pharmaceuticals or lab manufactured vitamins added. These are the two main lines she uses in her practice along with Garden of Life Raw Vegan line.
If you have (or may have) a cold, Johanna suggests…
- I ensure I boost my immune system when exposed to someone else with a cold by spraying MycoShield and taking Immunity Take Care or Immune Support Echinacea Ginger Tonic. Echinacea and ginger in raw form can be substituted.
- If feeling a little run down personally, do as above and take two Host Defense MyCommunity or LifeShield Immunity caps. It’s all about prevention.
- If feel like cold is beginning to take hold in you, Johanna usually takes Zinc and Vitamin C; if cough develops, she uses Wild Cherry Bark Syrup.
If you have an infection, Johanna suggests…
- Upper Respiratory: Try some combination of Sinus and Respiratory, LifeShield or My Community, Badger Chest Rub, Wild Cherry syrup
- Other infections: Oregano Force, LifeShield or MyCommunity, Zinc, Vitamin C
- Bacterial infections: Oregano Force, LifeShield or MyCommunity, Zinc, Vitamin C
- Follow up with Probiotic Immunity seven days afterwards
Additional wellness tips from Johanna
- Use Perfect Immune MultiVitamin through the winter months
- Keep a bottle of MycoShield spray at home and in “purse or pocket” so instant exposed to something can spray throat immediately
- Use Rescue Remedy any time under any type of stress or trauma whether emotional or from physical injury
- Avoid sugar of all kinds (even natural) if feeling run down or fighting something to avoid immune system suppression
- Get plenty of sleep and try to slow down a little bit
What’s in Johanna’s medicine cabinet?
Whether it’s cold and flu season or you just want to keep your medicine cabinet stocked for general immunity, Johanna stocks these:
- MycoShield throat spray – no contraindications or unsafe uses
- Immunity Take Care
- Host Defense-MyCommunity
- LifeShield Immunity
- Apitherapy Honey Wild Cherry Bark Syrup
- Sinus Take Care
- Vitamin C
- Oregano Force
- Probiotic Immunity
- Perfect immune MultiVitamin
- Bach’s Rescue Remedy
Let us know if you have any tips of your own!
The posts on this blog are for information only, and are not intended to substitute for a doctor-patient or other healthcare professional-patient relationship nor do they constitute medical or healthcare advice of any kind. Any information in these posts should not be acted upon without consideration of primary source material and professional input from one's own healthcare professionals.